General Information: (800) 863-2525
Emergency Contact: (888) 970-0007
Power. When You Need It, Where You Need It.
When the power goes out, a portable generator can be a lifesaver for your business. But if it’s used improperly, it can also be life-threatening. There are several risks involved with portable generators.
1. Carbon monoxide poisoning
Gasoline powered generators produce high levels of carbon monoxide in their exhaust. Carbon monoxide is a colorless, odorless gas that displaces oxygen in red blood cells. To prevent this, make sure that your portable generator is in a safe place and installed correctly by a professional.
2. Back feed shock
If your generator is connected to the wiring system in the building, it could pose a hazard to anyone working on the powerlines. To avoid this, an automatic transfer switch is a good idea.
An overloaded generator could backfire, causing sparks and flames. Again, make sure you consult a professional on the placement of your portable generator.
If you think there’s a possibility of a carbon monoxide leak in your building, make sure your employees are not experiencing any of the symptoms below:
As a quick reference, see the image above as well!
Portable generators are a great form of emergency power for your business. But make sure that you use it safely and correctly. These aren’t DIY projects. For your own safety and those around you, consult a professional like Power Plus!
Power Plus! is a leading provider of reliable non-radioactive power generators across the United States and Canada.
Have a question or comment for Power Plus!? We'd love to hear from you!
Please provide your contact information and we'll get back to you as soon as we can.
Contact Power Plus @ (800) 863-2525 | firstname.lastname@example.org
Email Power Plus