Preparing for the winter ahead is essential to protecting your business, home, and family. A few steps now can help avoid inconvenience, discomfort and potential catastrophe. In areas of harsh weather you will need to consider the following actions:
1. Keep your gutters free from debris and leaves; drain and remove outside hoses
2. Turn off outdoor water valves; re-caulk doors and windows if needed
3. Check insulation in walls and attic; repair any roof leaks
4. Remove branches from trees that could fall and damage your home or business
5. Wrap water pipes with insulation sleeves; insulate your hot water heater
6. Check heater returns and vents for obstructions
7. Trickle the water from your pipes to keep it from freezing
8. Insulate the attic floor to keep the heat inside your home or business.
Since ice can build up on power lines and potentially cause a power
consider a portable power generator to bridge the time between power
outages caused by storms. Stock up on flashlights and batteries. Candles can be dangerous. Keep blankets accessible.
Prepare an emergency kit for your car. Keep sand and or salt on hand for walks and driveways. Use a fan with your fireplace to keep
the heat from going up the chimney. Have plenty of food on hand. Be sure to keep a supply of water and medication on hand.
Power Plus! Generators
The winter season can wreak havoc on local businesses if one is scarcely prepared. If you have a business, a power
outage can cause real consequences.
During a power outage, customers will most likely be stuck inside your building. Keep the lights on and your equipment working with
Power Plus! is a leading provider of reliable non-radioactive power generators across the United States and Canada.
Have a question or comment for Power Plus!? We'd love to hear from you!
Please provide your contact information and we'll get back to you as soon as we can.
Contact Power Plus @ (800) 863-2525 | email@example.com